Wednesday 6 April 2011

Three part iPad series



When creating personal work I often struggle with the inertia needed to create images in a series. Singular pictures represent far less of a commitment and the energy needed to finish them is often generated entirely from the excitement of the concept. For me, the end of one drawing usually represents a dissolving of that excitement and the motivation to continue with an idea has to be built elsewhere. With the above sketches the excitement to persist with a theme came from the tools I was using to create. Every drawing I do on the iPad still feels like a learning experience and for me it represents the perfect time to capitalize on creating that most elusive of beasts, the three part series.


NB. Number one of the series can be seen further down the blog